In tennis, as in life, we tend to drift around aimlessly unless we have something to aim for, some target, deadline or event. You know that feeling, you’ve been working towards something for ages and once it’s over, you feel flat, you actually miss all that hard work and excitement, the meaning it brought to your life. Do you then ask yourself, what next?
Well with tennis it can be the same. You can just play for fun, but you may still have a goal of reaching a certain standard and helps to clearly define this to yourself. Or, you may wish to compete in tournaments.
As well as the official Cyprus Tennis Federation (CTF) tournaments, which are an excellent way to improve your tennis, there are a number of amateur ones you can take part in without having to be registered with the CTF
The ATL holds tournaments in every town throughout the year, which are split into levels according to your playing ability. This means that beginners can play their first ever match and semi-pros can also play competitive matches. The idea is for everyone to have fun and meet other people to play with. The ATL is accepting registrations now for its 2012 season. Are you going to take part? I certainly hope most of my students will.
It’s not just though about having the goal, it’s also about what you learn. Just by taking part in a tournament, you will find your game improves by 10, 20, maybe even 50%.
So, make sure you have a goal for your tennis and see yourself improve by leaps and bounds!
- ATL 500 Tennis Finals Set the Standard (cyprustenniscoach.wordpress.com)
- Watch Some Great Tennis Matches At Aphrodite Hills This Saturday Afternoon (cyprustenniscoach.wordpress.com)
- Come watch the finals (cyprustenniscoach.wordpress.com)
- Intensive Tennis Week Reviewed (cyprustenniscoach.wordpress.com)
- ATL 500 Tennis Finals A Hit (cyprustennis.wordpress.com)
- Come Watch ATL 1000 Tennis Finals This Saturday At Aphrodite Hills (cyprustennis.wordpress.com)
- Tennis Finals this weekend at Aphrodite Hills (cyprustennis.wordpress.com)