It’s a question I’ve been asked many times. It all depends on the person. The youngest person I coach at Tennis in Cyprus is three years old – I wouldn’t recommend any younger than that. For some children, that may be too young, you just have to try it out and see what happens. The best thing though is to have them in a group where there is no pressure for them to do the lesson. Sometimes, they like to watch and then join in when they like. The worst thing you can do is force them.
When teaching children Tennis this young, you have to make sure it is fun. A lot of the skills, such as hand-to-eye co-ordination, are learnt subconsciously in the form of games. It certainly pays to be creative when working out Tennis Lesson plans.
If three or four is the youngest, what about the oldest? Well, I haven’t stretched the upper boundaries yet, but I have fairly often played the over eighties at doubles and believe me, they are no pushover!
If you are not sure, just contact me to ask 🙂
- ATL 500 Tennis Finals Set the Standard (cyprustenniscoach.wordpress.com)
- So what is the PTR when it is at home? (cyprustenniscoach.wordpress.com)
- Tennis Coaching in Cyprus (cyprustenniscoach.wordpress.com)
- Come watch the finals (cyprustenniscoach.wordpress.com)
- ATL 500 Tennis Finals A Hit (cyprustennis.wordpress.com)